Fees & Scholarships
The participation fee for the Winter School on Federalism and Governance 2019 is € 300,00 (= two weeks Winter School excluding accommodation).
- The participation fee covers: course materials, guided tours in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen, bus transfer from Innsbruck to Bolzano/Bozen at the end of week 1 (Saturday, 9 February 2019), welcome coffee and welcome lunch, welcome dinner, access to the libraries and internet access at both venue sites (i.e. at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Innsbruck and at Eurac Research, Bolzano/Bozen).
- The participation fee does NOT cover: Accommodation, meals, travel costs and other expenses not listed above
Participants can book their accommodation in Innsbruck and Bolzano independently or through the organizers. If the latter is chosen, two options are available (see single and twin room options below). Rooms will be booked in standard guesthouses and in quietly located areas of town, both in Innsbruck and in Bolzano/Bozen.
- Option 1: € 830,00 – includes 13 nights-accommodation in a single room with breakfast (= 1.130,00 Euro including participation fee of 300,00 Euro)
- Option 2: € 640,00 – includes 13 nights-accommodation in a twin room with breakfast (= 940,00 Euro including participation fee of 300,00 Euro)
- Option 3: € 0,00 – no accommodation booked through the organizers, participants organize accommodation in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen by themselves (= 300,00 Euro participation fee only)
Both single and twin room accommodations are available on a first-come-first-serve basis upon enrollment. The participation fee (without and with accommodation) has to be paid upon enrollment in December 2018.
The organizers of the Winter School will award a limited number of scholarships. The organizers distinguish between:
- “full scholarships” covering the accommodation costs in a 3 -bed room for 13 nights plus breakfast in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen and a small contribution towards the participants’ travel expenses (refund after the Winter School). 1-2 scholarships are available.
- “partial scholarships” covering the accommodation costs in a 3-bed room in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen for 13 nights plus breakfast. Up to 5 scholarships are available.
Scholarships are limited and will be awarded based on merit and need; preference will be given to students and applicants from non-European countries.
Please note that holders of these scholarships are still required to pay a participation fee of € 150,00 upon enrollment. The scholarships will be awarded after all applications have been processed by the end of November 2018.
In case of a cancellation after 17 December 2018, the organizers will refund the participation fee minus 10% and minus the incurred costs (e.g. accommodation, visa letter). This cancellation policy will be applied also to scholarship holders.